So I’ve turned 24. It’s kind of strange. I feel a little bit old. But still pretty young. But now that I’m 24 I thought it would be fun to do some goal setting.
so here are 24 things I want to do while I’m 24:
- Move out – I think this is my main goal for life. I want my own space again. Someday soon…
- Take self defense classes – I have always wanted to do it, just need it to actually happen
- Take some continuing ed classes – I love to learn and feel I have gotten away from it since graduating. Time to jump back in. (Plus my license requires it…)
- Get a social work job – I love preschool, don’t get me wrong. But it’s time to jump into the profession I am trained for.
- Go on a missions trip – I used to do it when I was in high school. But not anymore. Maybe an opportunity will present itself this year.
- Learn how to dance – I love the show So You Think You Can Dance and every time I watch it I want to be able to dance. Maybe not as good as they can dance, but I would like to know how
- Try a new ethnic food – So I’m not the most adventurous person. I don’t like to try new things. But I feel like I’m getting older and I need to branch out a bit.
- Go somewhere I’ve never been before – Don’t you just want to explore? I’ve seen so much of the world and yet so little. There is so much left to explore
- Visit Kansas – part of my heart will always live there. So I have to go back.
- Go to a concert – I’ve never been much of a concert person, could never justify spending that amount of money on a performance, but maybe it is time to splurge.
- Skype/FaceTime more – what I miss most of people is their voices and faces. We have this technology to overcome it, but I rarely take advantage of it.
- Be more vulnerable with friends – Can’t we all be more vulnerable? It’s hard to open myself up but I do it on this blog (to some degree) and I would like to do it more with the people around me.
- Take more pictures! – Because everyone needs more pictures in their life
- Read my Bible – I have to create this habit. I have to do it. So hopefully, this time, it will happen
- Try 1 new recipe a month – because trying new things is awesome! And because the same old gets old.
- Pray consistently – I pray occasionally. Or for dinner. But real, deep, authentic conversations with God? That happens occasionally. It needs to be a habit.
- Blog consistently – cause I know you all want more posts and because I forget about it more often than not
- Volunteer somewhere – that is not church, cause I do that, but somewhere else. Outside.
- Meet new people – easier said then done. But it must be done!
- Do Crafts – I love going on Pinterest and seeing all the different craft ideas people come up with. I want to do some. Or maybe just one (if you aim low, you might succeed!)
- Take a cooking class – I’ve always wanted to do it! Plus it would give me more ideas to cook.
- Share about my faith – I often shy away from questions about my faith or avoid mentioning it. I want to be confident enough in myself, and God, to talk openly about what I believe.
- Exercise – I joined a gym because it was relatively inexpensive and I thought it would force me to go. And yet, it does not. I go sporadically.
- Give more – I want to support something. A cause, an organization. And also just help out friends. Buy a friends lunch just because. Give flowers for no reason. My needs are met, I can spare some change.
Stay tuned to see how it goes!